LETTING YOU KNOW

kitty Music stuff. bread right Film stuff. kitty Poetry stuff. bread right Rambling stuff. kitty Book stuff. bread right Stuff. kitty

Friday, January 17, 2014

Transgender Dysphoria Blues




Against Me! will be officially releasing their new album, "Transgender Dysphoria Blues" on January 21st of this year. You can stream the album exclusively on NPR's website: http://www.npr.org/2014/01/12/261095666/first-listen-against-me-transgender-dysphoria-blues

I have been listening to the album nonstop as I do with every new Against Me! album. After the first listen, I have to admit, I wasn't terribly impressed. Although, this might just be a romantic personal trait that I have because the first time I ever heard Against Me! I did not enjoy it and now they are my all time favorite band. It's only logical that I am now in love with Transgender Dysphoria Blues. Especially after factoring in every article I've read about Laura Jane Grace and all she has gone through in the past couple of years to put out this album. Here's a good one (that also gives a bit of insight on Jay and Andrew leaving the band): http://m.spin.com/articles/laura-jane-grace-interview-against-me-transgender-dysphoria-blues/

It really is inspiring. Making an album in it's simplest form is a tough thing to do. Once you pile on all of the roadblocks that you may encounter, the unpredictability of the outcome, and the negativity you may receive during the process, it becomes nearly impossible. Not to mention the truckloads of pressure that come with having a large fan base depending on you to make good music. I say kudos to Laura for putting out an album the way she wanted to and not giving up.

Noteworthy songs on the album:
Transgender Dysphoria Blues
True Trans Soul Rebel
Drinking With The Jocks
Fuckmylife666
Dead Friend
Black Me Out

No comments:

Post a Comment