LETTING YOU KNOW

kitty Music stuff. bread right Film stuff. kitty Poetry stuff. bread right Rambling stuff. kitty Book stuff. bread right Stuff. kitty

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Rusty Metal Plates (a poem)

I have been writing a lot of poetry lately. This is a reflection of the fact that I have been reading the shit out of Leonard Cohen and Federico Garcia Lorca, but also because a writer feels obligated to write. I will most likely have a book of poems by the end of the year. Here is one of the poems I have written over the past couple of weeks. It is entitled, "Rusty Metal Plates."

The space between
my charming metal frame
and your innocent way of loving
is becoming thick

The empty space
somehow finds a way
to become emptier
when it thinks of us

And with that emptiness
comes a reality
that seems too important
to neglect

The metal plates
that were born with me
begin to rust
without you


Also, Kevin Clay shot some lovely footage of one of our shows. Check it out:


No comments:

Post a Comment